Announcements for the week of 9/6/2020
Pastor Appreciation Month
Aloha New Hope ‘Ohana! Once a year we’re given the wonderful opportunity to show our pastors how much we appreciate everything that they do for us!
October is Pastor Appreciation Month, and October 11th is Pastor Appreciation Day.
Ways we can show our pastor appreciation can vary; either a financial gift, a card, letter, lei, food or something else is always great to show appreciation!
New Hope In Action
We need volunteers to help pass out prepackaged meals. We will be following COVID safety measures, those receiving the meals will remain in their car.
We need volunteers to help in the following areas.
- Administration (tracking the number of meals and geographical location of where recipients come from)
- Traffic control
- Meal distribution (handing people their meals)
The volunteer requirement is one hour: 4:30pm-5:30pm for Wednesdays.
Location is next to the West Hawaii Community Health Center in Kealakehe.
Please contact James Begley @ (808) 385-1029 or Jbegs79@gmail.com
Ladies Fellowship Zoom Meeting
Our ladies have been doing a bi-weekly Bible study at 6:30pm on Tuesdays.
Their next meeting will be September 22nd and they will be going through “The Book of Ephesians” by JD Greer.
All women are invited to join; Please click the button below if you are interested in joining in!
La’i’ōpua Community Outreach : Meal in a Bag
We have several opportunities to help with La’i’ōpua’s meal in a Bag out reach. We need 1 volunteers for each event. If you would like to sign up please email email@example.com or call us at (808) 326-7370.
August 18th, 2020(All SLOTS ARE FULL) September 8th, 2020(All SLOTS ARE FULL)
- October 6th, 2020
- October 13th, 2020
Here at New Hope Legacy we believe in Doing Church as A Team! Here are our Volunteer Opportunites to help get you plugged into your church ohana!
- CLEANERS – With stricter guidelines our volunteers clean the church before/in-between/after services.
- GREETERS – If you love greeting our first time guests as well as our church ‘ohana.
- USHERS – Our ushers help our first time guests find a place to be welcomed, and create a cohesive and wonderful experience.
- PARKING LOT – This is the first impressions of our church! You are the first face that people will see.
Phase Two Guidelines
With the hard work of our government we’ve been given the opportunity to open up our church again! With opening the church there are some guidelines that we encourage you to follow to help keep New Hope Legacy a safe place!
- We encourage those who are high risk or are not feeling well to join us by watching us online and participating in our chats!
- We recommend wearing a mask when entering the building or walking around. Once at your seat you may remove your mask.
- Please sanitize your hands upon entering the building.
- Please share shakas and smiles when greeting our church ‘Ohana.
- We will have social distance seating by maintaining 6 feet between families (3 chair length). We will have overflow seating in the remaining rooms with live-stream viewing.
- Our Children’s Church and Nursery will remain closed during this time. Parents please keep your children with you.
- We will not be providing drinks or snacks. We welcome you to bring your own drinks.
- After service fellowship will be at your discretion, if you feel safe, stay and fellowship.
- To keep our bathrooms clean we are asking each person to wipe down the counter and faucets after they use it.
Please stay tuned as we will be updating our guidelines as we learn more. Mahalo for your understanding.
We have several ways to give! You can check out our online giving portal at https://nhl.churchcenter.com/giving . It’s fast, easy, and secure. You can even review your own donation records at any time.
We offer giving through the Church Center App! You can download this on the App Store.
We have a Text to Give option. Text any amount to 84321. Giving is only one text away.
If you want to give by person, by the makai exit we also have an offering box. If you wish to give your offering please do so before or after service, Mahalo!