Announcements for the week of 3/21/2021
Newest Series: TBD
To access this free resource click on this link:
or… you can text NHL to 49775
Mahalo nui loa! Your New Hope Legacy ‘Ohana!
S.O.A.P. Journal Sharing
If you would like to have your SOAP journal featured in our weekly newsletter, please submit your entry to email@example.com.
Mahalo nui loa!
Ladies Fellowship March 30th
If you missed the Ladies Fellowship Ministry meeting last Saturday, you can still be involved by participating in our survey at https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/BWZL7JX or, you may send your response to firstname.lastname@example.org to share ideas/suggestions on pressing issues you see in our community where we could offer support, how we can minister to our church family/our community, and what things you would like to see happen in our women’s ministry.
Your feedback is invaluable as it would help our leadership team to prepare and plan for future events!
Easter is coming upon us to celebrate the resurrection of our Lord and savior, Jesus Christ. In acknowledging that he sacrificed himself for our sins, we should also let others know how much God loves them. We will be putting together Easter baskets for families who are currently in a domestic violence safehouse and for the staff that work there. If you would like to help with this, we will be arranging the baskets on Tuesday 3/30 after our bible study group at 7pm. For more information, please contact Jada at (808) 319-7182.
With that said, this coming Tuesday March 30th from 5:30pm-6:45pm/7pm at the church, we will be starting up a 5 week bible study called “Untuck” by Francis Chan. Along with a few other guest speakers/teachers through RightNow Media resources, Francis will discuss lessons learned from an award winning short film “Journey to Jamaa which is a true story about “two kids who are forced to search for hope in a broken world.” Sometimes Christians find themselves stuck in a rut with everyday life routine, relationships or jobs and looking for a way to get back on track in finding the purpose God has for their lives. Please join us as we rediscover our purpose together.
Last but not least, do you want to help serve in the ministry but just don’t have the time? Well, here’s your chance to contribute at your own pace and during a time that fits your schedule….we are making beaded mask lanyards to gift to the ladies of our congregation for Mother’s Day. If you would like to help, please contact Margaret @email@example.com. Meet up will be at the church before bible studies from 4:45pm-5:15pm on March 30th which Margaret will review instructions on how to make a lanyard and you can get a kit to go.
God bless and we look forward to seeing you all and having you participate in serving together through the year.
Aloha parents! We know this season is a difficult one, and we want to know how to best help your kids and reach them with the gospel!
If you could please take a moment to complete this survey:
Here at New Hope Legacy we believe in Doing Church as A Team! Here are our Volunteer Opportunites to help get you plugged into your church ohana!
- CLEANERS – With stricter guidelines our volunteers clean the church before/in-between/after services.
- GREETERS – If you love greeting our first time guests as well as our church ‘ohana.
- USHERS – Our ushers help our first time guests find a place to be welcomed, and create a cohesive and wonderful experience.
- PARKING LOT – This is the first impressions of our church! You are the first face that people will see.
- Children’s Team (NEW!) – We need creative people who would like to help us make video content for our kids. Writing lessons, acting, and video editing!
- Production Team (NEW!) – The Production Team is looking for people to help with sound and other technical aspects for running Sunday services!
- Creative Department: Do you like acting? Making skits? Want to get involved? Look no further! We’re looking to expand our creative department, specifically for video announcements and so much more!
Phase Two Guidelines
With the hard work of our government we’ve been given the opportunity to open up our church again! With opening the church there are some guidelines that we encourage you to follow to help keep New Hope Legacy a safe place!
- We encourage those who are high risk or are not feeling well to join us by watching us online and participating in our chats!
- We recommend wearing a mask when entering the building or walking around. Once at your seat you may remove your mask.
- Please sanitize your hands upon entering the building.
- Please share shakas and smiles when greeting our church ‘Ohana.
- We will have social distance seating by maintaining 6 feet between families (3 chair length). We will have overflow seating in the remaining rooms with live-stream viewing.
- Our Children’s Church and Nursery will remain closed during this time. Parents please keep your children with you.
- We will not be providing drinks or snacks. We welcome you to bring your own drinks.
- After service fellowship will be at your discretion, if you feel safe, stay and fellowship.
- To keep our bathrooms clean we are asking each person to wipe down the counter and faucets after they use it.
Please stay tuned as we will be updating our guidelines as we learn more. Mahalo for your understanding.
We have several ways to give! You can check out our online giving portal at https://nhl.churchcenter.com/giving . It’s fast, easy, and secure. You can even review your own donation records at any time.
We offer giving through the Church Center App! You can download this on the App Store.
We have a Text to Give option. Text any amount to 84321. Giving is only one text away.
If you want to give by person, by the makai exit we also have an offering box. If you wish to give your offering please do so before or after service, Mahalo!